So Now What re this fiscal mess

Hello new bank! I went to close the old account and was asked, "Why?" I told the manager and he said, "well, we could have done that for you." Why didn't they?

Why didn't you stay with your old bank?

Most banks now offer a lot of free stuff but ya gotta keep your balance above a minimum. Why? Everything you do at a bank costs them money. Make a deposit, cash a check, check your balance, transfer money, open an account, close an account, use an ATM, etc. People don't seem to realize that! I am more appalled that gas stations charge $0.50 for air now!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apocalyptically deluded man? Wow, Pack, tell us how you really feel. Let's see, the talking points about Mr. Bush was that he was "just like us" the kind of guy you'd like to have a beer with. Now, same is being said about Mrs. Palin. Is that really the criteria we want to use when selecting a President? The nastiness that was displayed at a McCain rally the other day was quite dismaying. Folks yelling out in the crowd (when referring to Obama) like: off with his head, traitor, terrorist, etc. etc.

Palin feeds it and McCain doesn't stop it. In his defense, it does seem like McCain is uncomfortable with the outbursts.

So will this work with the American people? Will folks really disregard the financial crises and be persuaded by these rants?

Less than four weeks to go. Anything could happen.

gwd - I think Palin is the "gal you would like to shoot a moose from a plane with"!!!

a few of the above issues:

credit card rates depend on your credit - I have a few I admit. I dont want to create a pity party but due to a financial issue with my mom, we did take on more credit than I wanted. If not she would have been on the "alpo" diet and/or living on the street. We owned her mobile home and when she went into a nursing home (she has advanced alzheimers/dementia and I am an only child) we had to continue to pay her rent for over a year until we could sell it for a loss. If not for supporting my mom we would probably live in a million plus home now as we would have been able to afford more as we had supported her for close to 20 years. But I wouldnt trade it as I can look myself in the mirror and sleep at night.

Bottom line is dont ASSUME that folks with credit card debt are ALL out there remodeling their kitchens, buying Hum v's and taking trips to France. Many of us are helping family members, putting kids through college, paying for medical/dental care, etc.

A side note - we have union health etc benefits which have been excellent in the past. This past week I went to the dentist as I have two back teeth which need crowns. Due to changes in our dental plan and changes in the dentist's practice, instead of having a $200 out of pocket I would have a $1500 out of pocket. So my choice? I can wait. My cubbie needs major work so due to the economy I will probably pass on needed dental work. THESE issues are happening DAILY to folks these days.

Socialized medicine - pretty much what we personally have now. So I am in favor of socialized medicine.

If you have Kaiser or an HMO dental or vision plan, you already have socialized medicine.