Inappropriate Adult Knots

Good answer.

I'm guessing you would have a much different reaction if you saw one of your Scouts kissing his girlfriend? You'd probably just ignore it as normal for a teenager, right?

Point being, your Scouts, especially the older ones, are sexual - either hetero or homo. Would you treat them the same?

"I do not view the scouts I serve as sexual beings, yes, I know some of them are, but I think I would react the same way if I came upon a scout reveling in his description of his latest seduction, be the seductee male or female. ...There are no gay scouts, there are no straight scouts, there are only scouts"

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'll see your good reason for not allowing gay males to be scout leaders with the recent story of a female Scouter in Illinois caught in a sexual relationship with a Scout, and raise with the statistic that 95% of all child molesters are straight men. I guess that leaves only lesbians as potential Scout leaders from now on."

Assuming for the sake of argument that your statistic is correct, that's a good reason to not have male leaders for GSA units or male coaches for girls athletic teams. The child molesters BSA must worry about are predominantly homosexual or bisexual by definition which makes your hypothesis (only lesbians can be potential Scout leaders) invalid by induction. Of course, there's a huge looming catch of how (or why) you would establish that male leader ISN'T bisexual but the pro-homosexual arguments try to make this more complicated than it is.

• 2 weeks later...

I am saddened that people on this forum are calling me a liar. I was the Scoutmaster in Chesapeake, VA in 1994 and 1995 at Troop 228 before I was transferred to Hawaii. The Free Lance-Star of March 19, 1992, is on-line and has an article on page D8 that reports that Rodney Almond, 33, former director of the Scouts' Camp Pipsico, has been charged with sodomy, sexual battery and taking indecent liberties involving two Scouts".

I don't want to judge homosexuals nor make their lives miserable, but I do think that Scout Leaders should lead life styles that we, the parents of Scouts, want our boys to emulate. The BSA has decided that homosexuality does not meet the moral standards set by BSA. I support the program and that decision.