.... and some gave all.

Thursday is Veterans' Day 2004. This country is at war, but not a normal war. I realize I've asked this before, but I shall ask again:

Please pray the men and women who have, are, or will be in the Armed Forces of these United States

"I'm just trying to be a father, raise a daughter and a son, be a lover to their, everything to everyone."

"I dont do it for the money, there's bills I cant pay. I dont do it for the glory, I just do it anyway."

"I just work straight through the holidays"

Our troop recently lost a Veteran to cancer. I do not know for sure, but I would say that he probably got the cancer from the fact that he served in Vietnam. Many soldiers in that time, it appears, were smokers. He was one of them.

Sergeant Allen Braswell was a leader in Troop 323. He served in Vietnam in the US Army. After serving his term overseas, Mr. Braswell came home and worked for the US Postal Service up until the day he died. He was laid to rest in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetary in October.

Please share your stories as well. If you have pictures, I would love to receive them to place on my website in tribute to the Bravest.

Duty-Honor-Country

I'll join you Hops. I have great admiration for veterans.

One of my fellow unit commissioners lives across the street from me.

He is a veteran of WWII and of Korea. He's a quiet, humble man. When he says something will be done or that he will do something, you can take it to the bank. I believe because of his experience in the military, he will not let any hurdle stop him and he will not say "yes" when he means "no."

I have found that to be a trait of every veteran I've ever met.

Unc.

Couldn't agree more. The problem is in some areas people just don't care about veterans and what they sacrificed. Being a Veteran myself I agree and am ashamed of the way some people look at and treat veterans.

This morning the boys in my Pack (pack 450)put out the amercian flags at the local cemetery on all the Veterans graves. Our cemetery has graves from all wars since and including the Civil War. The boys love it and learn from it. Every one of them asks several questions over the course of the event and I feel they come away better citizens for it.

We do this on Veterans Day and Memorial day. We try to instill some patriotism in the boys and it is working. The Veterans love it too, especially since they now feel that this is another way to passs on the legacy of what they have given.

The boys have also decided that they are going to have a small fund raiser at the end of the month and donate the preceeds to the local Veterans Memorial that is being built.

CMF

I know some may take this the wrong way but ...

Don't honor our veterans who have passed away, honor those who are living. We have many who have difficulty finding work, difficulty handling the financial burdens brought on by their service, difficulty dealing with the psychological and physical disabilities brought on by their service. Volunteer at Veterans hospitals. Help the families of servicemen who are out on assignment. Let our politicians know that we want our service men and women to have the best equipment, intelligence, and training that we can possibly give them.

No acco, you're not wrong. I agree with what your saying for the most part.

Go to www.cornbreadshow.com He is on WIL 92 in St Louis. He's doing a "Adopt a soldier" thing right now where you can send stuff to the troops.

I'll direct you to this link (hopefully it works)

http://www.rpages.net/hops19/man.htm I believe

You look around that site, and you'll find that I support the current soldiers as well.

Freedom aint Free