Judge rules US justice dept. can't weigh in on Scout lease case

I didn't say that 80% were homos, I said 80% of those committing predatory sexual assaults on children under their care were avowed homosexuals. Those numbers scream volumes. So you go ahead there big fella, and change from within....lead the way, let your children go camping with a bunch of homosexual leaders. "what's that?", right, I didn't think you would.

What do we call this? "Put your child's fate where your mouth is." This is sick, just plain disgusting that this is even an issue in this country.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trail Pounder,

Amen. I have come to the conclusion that the liberals who defend the acts of homosexuals are as sick, if not sicker, than the homosexuals themselves. They seek to legitimize sexual perversity (and please use your common sense and evoke some images here dont intellectualize this debate with words only bring some reality into this discussion and consider what you are actually saying - we are talking about sexual acts that revile against nature and scream depravity) all the while, these protectors of freedom these speakers of truth, thump their collective chest and proclaim their rebelliousness as righteousness, done in the name of love and justice. They are telling the blind to walk off a cliff! How sick is that? Sorry, but I have no more patience for this debate.

In the end, we will all stand before God. While I have many sins, I seek to change my waysand when I stand before God, it will be with a repentant heart. I pity those who ignore His calls, intent on standing before Him with an arrogant heart. To those folks, I beseech you - You will not be able to hide your rebellious spirit with scholarly words or the rationality of godless ramblings. I suggest that you voluntarily fall on your knees today and not wait for that hour. So long as we breathe, I believe God is allowing us to come to Him.

(This message has been edited by Rooster7)

Well, Rooster, it's nice to see you back on this issue and expressing only love, and not hatred, for your fellow man. You of course deny any hateful feelings, but when you call people "sick" simply because they don't share your opinions and use words like perversity and depravity and accuse people of "telling the blind to walk off a cliff," that's what I perceive. It may not be what you intend, but it is what you are expressing. I, for one, don't feel the love.

As for your second paragraph, I'll take that as a sincere expression of concern for those of us who do not share your beliefs. Just keep in mind that for people who do not believe the Bible is the word of God, or who do believe it is the word of God but do not interpret certain passages the way you do, what you say is irrelevant. In fact, it is worse than irrelevant, it may be contrary to our own beliefs. I have my own beliefs about how God wants me to regard and treat other people, if indeed God has an opinion.

But in the end, the real issue is not what I believe or what you believe, it is that people who believe as you do have turned the BSA into their own religious pulpit, and that is not what Scouting is supposed to be about.

NJ,

I can't love someone that I don't know. So, if you don't feel the love, there's a reason for that. In regard to my so-called hatred...Did you ever consider the possibility that one can be disgusted by someone's behavior and still not hate that person? I get angry with my children when they behave badly, but I still love them.

BTW, when you climb into bed tonight, before you go to sleep - I dare you to pray and listen for God's voice. One can only deny the truth of His righteousness for so long.

I have my own beliefs about how God wants me to regard and treat other people, if indeed God has an opinion.

How one treats another person and whether or not one approves of that person's behavior, are two different issues. I can treat someone very well and not like what they say or do.

And trust me, God has more than just an opinion...It may be easier to pretend that he doesn't care, but that would be foolish.

There's a calm surrender

To the rush of day

When the heat of the rolling world

Can be turned away

An enchanted moment

And it sees me through

It's enough for this restless warrior

Just to be with you

(Chorus)

And can you feel the love tonight?

It is where we are

It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer

That we got this far

And can you feel the love tonight

How it's laid to rest?

It's enough to make kings and vagabonds

Believe the very best

There's a time for everyone

If they only learn

That the twisting kaleidoscope

Moves us all in turn

There's a rhyme and reason

To the wild outdoors

When the heart of this star-crossed voyager

Beats in time with yours

(Chorus)

And can you feel the love tonight?

It is where we are

It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer

That we got this far

And can you feel the love tonight

How it's laid to rest?

Believe the very best

Believe the very best

Rooster says:

In regard to my so-called hatred...Did you ever consider the possibility that one can be disgusted by someone's behavior and still not hate that person?

I don't need to consider the possibility because I know that such a feeling can exist, having experienced it myself. But that is not what is at issue here.

Look, since I do not know you, I cannot know for sure what you are thinking or feeling. All I really know is your expressions, and that is all I can draw a conclusion about. And I have, and others can draw their own.

I get angry with my children when they behave badly, but I still love them.

Me too, but to the point of what we are talking about: When you do get angry with your children, do you call them nasty names? (Just so you don't take that as a personal attack or something, I am expecting that you don't.)

BTW, when you climb into bed tonight, before you go to sleep - I dare you to pray and listen for God's voice. One can only deny the truth of His righteousness for so long.

Gee, it's been awhile since someone "dared" me to do something. Like not since about the sixth grade.

It's interesting that you appear to be making an assumption about what I do or don't do anyway, but I'll just let that go. I won't spoil the mystery.

But assuming that I were to do that and it were a new (or long-lost) experience for me, and if I did get an "answer," it occurs to me that there wouldn't be much point in mentioning it to you. If the "answer" that I received (about the issue we are talking about) contradicts what it says in the Bible, or your interpretation of what it says in the Bible, you wouldn't believe me anyway, would you?

Trail Pounder

Generally speaking pedophiles and homosexuals are two quite different individuals/. Pedophiles are sick people who have no place in society. Homosexuals are men the happen to be in love with other men. It is that simple!! They love men, not boys. And I would never have any problems with my boys being around gay individuals.

Rooster7

I do believe ibn the existense of a higher being, but have given up on organized religion a long time ago. If I am to be judges some day, I hope I am judged on how I treated my fellow people. I never will understand how some people can threaten others about the final judgement day. What gives one person the right. Religion quite often has very little to do with God, but is used as a means to justifies one owns societal beliefs. Why would God be upset if 2 people really loved each other.

pdunbar,

Yes, homosexuality is simple Its simply wrong.

Love is great. I love many people, including several men. However, I dont seek to have sex with them. Its unnatural and depraved. I dont need a lot of words to back up that contention. Every thinking being can deduce it with little effort.

In regard to judgment day, Im merely suggesting that before you stand before God and defend the indefensible, you should take advantage of the time you have now and sincerely pray about it. Im convinced that God will not allow those who seek Him to be led astray.

The God of the Bible is a loving God. But He is also a righteous God. His son, Jesus, was a gift to the world. His sacrifice on the cross enables those who accept the gift to be reconciled to God the Father. Those who chose to ignore that truth are responsible for their own path. Its not a threat that I make, but a warning that God gives us through His Word.

Rooster7

Again, don't confuse God with our societies norms!! What is so wrong with love between any 2 people??

I don't bfollow any organized religions but if I chose one I might want to follow Jesus's lead and be Jewish!!

Pdunbar,

Again, don't confuse God with our societys norms!! What is so wrong with love between any 2 people??

ANY two people? Like an old man and a boyor a mother and her sonwhat about two children? Be careful how you word your counter arguments. First, we are talking about sex, not love. Second, as you just inadvertently pointed out, it matters what two people are involved, especially if the relationship is sexual.

I don't follow any organized religions but if I chose one I might want to follow Jesus' lead and be Jewish!!

Hmmm. You express this fact as if its something that has escaped the attention of serious Christians. Yes, Jesus was a Jew. You get a gold star. Exactly how does that change anything? Read the Bible. Christians are called to love everyone. The Apostle Paul anguished over the idea that his people were missing the Messiah. To this day, numerous Christians have made it their mission to get the message to the Jewish people so they too can be reconciled to God. Furthermore, the Bible clearly foretells of a day when the Jews, God chosen people, will return to Him. And just to be clear, Jesus was born a Jew. He didnt teach folks to become a Jew. So, if you want to follow His lead, then spread the Word Jesus is the son of God.

Rooster is correct. Those who choose homosexuality have chosen to willfully sin against God. Makes no difference if they love each. It is a misguided love.

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

I confess...the wise and kindly minister who worked with me on my God and Country exhibited a great deal of love and I am grateful for it. I reflect often on my love and admiration of him as well. My mother loved me dearly and I loved her back. Same for my den mother when I was a cub and more than a few teachers. I know men my age with whom I share a loving relationship and I genuinely love the boys I work with, at least most of them. But this is not about sex. Sex, sex, sex, Rooster is that ALL you think about? You are really hung up on sex and I think it would be a big problem for me if I felt that way. Love is much, much more. It doesn't always have to be about sex. Sheesh.