Burning Issue of the Day

Dog & NJ,

I remember that they had another "Survival Campout" the year after, but I was playing football and didn't go again. The boys that did go talked about it for months. I don't know if the program lasted very long, but I still remember things from that weekend. Especially that three bluegils a meal does not make!!! Back to the chickens. Yes, your fears were realized. There were several birds who didn't die as quick a death as they should have. But we also had instructions from the staffers to let the teams do their own killing and cooking. If we had a real emergency the staffers were within hearing distance. It wouldn't have been the same experience if we were sent out into the forest looking for a red bucket with Colonel Sanders staring at us.

Hey, that brings up a new idea...

Turn the boys loose and tell them the objective is ham and eggs for breakfast!

Just kidding NJ..

A guy here at work gave me the thought for the day:

Ham and eggs for breakfast- all in a days work for a chicken, the work of a lifetime for the hog...'

bd

Just kidding NJ..

Heh heh, well actually, based on size of some pigs, that sounds like a much fairer fight. In fact, depending on the respective sizes of the boy and the pig, and whether the boy has been properly equipped, I suspect that a Scout might end up not only with no ham, but with some injuries as well.

Ham and eggs for breakfast- all in a days work for a chicken, the work of a lifetime for the hog...'

Maybe he was sitting on the stool in the diner next to Paul Simon, when he saw a chicken-and-egg dish on the menu and was inspired to write the song "Mother and Child Reunion."

Oops, here is how that last post was supposed to look, and I decided to add a sentence too:

Big Dog says:

Just kidding NJ..

Heh heh, well actually, based on size of some pigs, that sounds like a much fairer fight. In fact, depending on the respective sizes of the boy and the pig, and whether the boy has been properly equipped, I suspect that a Scout might end up not only with no ham, but with some injuries as well. The prospects for the chicken seem much more likely to be gruesome.

Maybe he was sitting on the stool in the diner next to Paul Simon, when he saw a chicken-and-egg dish on the menu and was inspired to write the song "Mother and Child Reunion."

Hey Old Fat Guy,

You would've lost some serious weight on that campout. We might be onto something here. Forget Adkins. First, you run through the woods for half an hour chasing your food, kill it, clean it and roast it. That coupled with some bluegill chowder that you catch and clean yourself ought to see you Old Fat Guys back down to your High School Wrestling weights.

The NEW Trail Pounder Diet Revolution, look for it on Amazon.