Liberal Condescension

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KS has it right. To live in civil society means giving up some freedoms. Only a hermit can live without impinging on others or being impinged upon in turn. It is a question of where to draw the line.

I too get paranoid about the government from time to time, but right now I want the government doing all it reasonably can to protect me and my family. As I commented in a different thread, we have been attacked on our own soil at great cost, by people who hate us for who we are and who feel unrestrained by any rules or conventions whatsoever. This requires a sophisticated response that nevertheless is willing to call evil by its name. (Post modernists need not apply.) So far I think our government (and by that I mean all branches except the 9th circus) has gotten it right.

A Scout is Friendly.

A Scout is a friend to all. He is a brother to other Scouts. He offers his friendship to people of all races and nations, and respects them even if their beliefs and customs are different from his own.

There are many "liberal" Scouts and Scout leaders.

May I respectfully suggest that our movement and our country are better served if we attempt to create an organization where all Scouts and Scouters are welcome and can enhance their citizenship, character and fitness and pursue life, liberty and happiness.

I'm not sure how it is Scoutlike to be essentially sitting around in a circle saying "Yup, liberals sure are condescending, aren't they?" There might even be some people who think that conservatives nowadays can be arrogant and self-righteous :)

Neil says:

I'm not sure how it is Scoutlike to be essentially sitting around in a circle saying "Yup, liberals sure are condescending, aren't they?"

I'm not sure either.

There might even be some people who think that conservatives nowadays can be arrogant and self-righteous :)

There sure might. :)

Whats that? Now we have a problem with aromatic conservatives? What is the world coming to? If they were more like liberals they could bath in their own condensation.

Well its like my Uncle Ramma Lamma Roseannadanna used to always sayItsa always somethin.

Roseanne Roseannadanna

Bob -- glad you got over that flu!

While the liberals are condensing and the conservatives are aromatizing, I have a question.

Why is it that (it seems to me at least) the very people who shouted that the government didn't do enough to prevent the 9/11 attacks are the same people grousing about losing their civil liberties?

DS