Friends,

Got home a little while ago from meeting with my Troop Guide. We reviewed the ticket items, both the ones that worked, and the ones that "didn't quite work." We discussed diversity, feedback, and using resources. We shared tales of our own kids, Eagles both and camp staffers both.

My PL gets his beads December 5. I get mine two nights later. Our APL is set for his District Dinner in January. 3 of us have already been beaded. One is left (long story :( ).

Life is pretty good for the Owls of C-40-05

Thanks to all. You've been part of the process as well. Learned a bunch here :)

YIS John

Owls C-40-05

Small adjustment:

Had to move it to the January RT. It's a "getting the people together" sort of thing. ;)

As my TG and I agreed, the concept of the ticket is lifelong :)

As Barry says so many times, "I love this Scouting stuff."

Congratulations on the accomplishment, John! My only advice is to watch out for a common WB ailment - a speech impediment which prevents you from saying "no." Those beads are sometimes a neon sign flashing "Ask me, Ask me!" Enjoy them and carry on the tradition!

I used to be a Fox....

Congrats!

Had my beading at my Troops meeting. CD was our Districts RT commish, wanted it done at the RT, said no to that. Reason I did Woodbadge was for my Scouts.

Never saw my Scouts so quiet and attentive when the CD was speechifying on the reasons behind the course and the regalia. Had some of my Scouts in awe that "MR. Art" did something special for them.

Used to be a Beaver!

John-in-KC,

Congratulations!!! Your "delays" sound like what I went through...I finished my ticket the first part of October..would have really liked to have gotten them at our November Outdoor Dinner & Court of Honor but was talked out of that, so the Dec. Roundtable was the next opportunity..my close friend who was supposed to present me with my beads had to go out of town on business for that date so I went for the District Dinner in January...that got postponed due to weather until Feb!! I was beginning to think I would never get them. It worked out very well though in the end as 2 of my original BLT patrol mates also went through WB with me (in other patrols) and they had both finished their tickets too so the 3 of us got our beads together that night.

Sue M

Beaver SR-605

Some of the scheduling is my own life. I reported complete to my TG in Sept, then had to do the Elder Care thing (that's a thread in itself :| ). Took me completely away from my home to theirs for 3 weeks.

As far as Troop Meeting or RT, well, I'm not the best first line leader of boys, but I enjoy equipping their leaders. So... I'm on RT staff. We also have a good district and a strong RT (100+attendance monthly). Lots of friends there to share this :)

As far as the disabling of the NO function, that happened back at Gilwell Field ;)