New Religious Emblems

Looks like a cost-cutting measure as well...all the awards now use the same parts, which reduces manufacturing costs. I'll hold on to my original Pro Deo Et Patria, which was durn hard to earn back in 1969.

• 1 month later...

I recently met with the Director of PRAY and he said that the design change came because of feedback from Scouts about what they would like to wear. The panel of Scouts chose the new design and based upon our church's recent program we found the same response.

When our Scouts were given the choice of either the new emblems or the older ones, they unanimously chose the new design. Even Scouts that had already started out their series with the old style emblems wanted the newer ones for their latest award. This is from a group of about 25 Scouts we put through in August.

My son just earned his second in the series. I showed him the change in emblem design and asked which he liked best. He chose the old "classic" God and Family. So I wrote at the top of the application, and highlighted it, that he'd prefer that over the new design, if they happened to still have them in stock. They obliged, and he and I are happy about it.

Mark said that they would have the older styles in stock for awhile longer so you shouldn't have any problem getting them. Plus, I know several "patch traders" that plan on buying up quite a bit of his remaining inventory and then have them available on Ebay for sale - so they should be around for the near future.