O.K.,

The new Wolf, Bear, Webelos books were supposed to be out in July. This is August, so I will ask "Has anybody heard anything?"

We're trying to decide whether to go with the old or hold out for the new. It's getting close to time that we start back in full force and would like to have some time to review the books before we start in with the boys. Do we have any hope of getting the new books in our hands any time soon?

They met their deadline! Wow!

I called my local supplier a couple of weeks ago and he hadn't heard anything about new books and was still stocking the old ones. I'll have to see when he plans to get the new ones, otherwise we'll just phone in an order to the catalog division.

Thanks for the help. :D

The old books are still good for a year. Many councils will not spend money to stock the new books until their stock of the old books is gone. It's a business decision. National won't buy back the old books. I suggest you go with what's in stock.

DS

Our council shop did not have them. The next council over did. That council also has a National Scout Shop. I went there today, talked to the lady who runs the shop, she used to be a Cub Scout leader. Asked her opinion. She said "if your pack doesn't have their books yet, get the new ones, then if a boy joins later you know he will have the same book".

I already had a copy of the Wolf book and the Bear book. Got the Webelos book today. I like it!

Just posted a different thread about the changes in the Webelos badge requirements and the Arrow of Light.

It has more about the character connections. The activity badge requirements are in alphabetical order. The parents guide is in the FRONT. Some pictures have been updated. Some other requirements have been updated, making the badges a bit more of a challenge but still reasonable. Includes the Leave No Trace FrontCountry award requirements.

Includes info about the new belt loops that came out last year.

Traveler activity badge has as an optional requirement to earn the Map & Compass belt loop.

If the new Webelos book is as good as the new Wolf and Bear books, I'm switching! I picked up copies of the new Wolf and Bear books (Webelos still on back-order) for our planning meeting last night and WOW! I really like how they directly incorporate Character Connections into various requirements. I've already called around and found the new Webelos book at a neighboring council's scout shop, so I'll let you know tomorrow what I think.