Just curious, as it looks like I am going to be the Training Coordinator for my District soon, how the new training continuum is being delivered in your area.

A) Can you have Trainers come to your unit to train?

B) Are you going to use the committee offices fo Troop and Pack Trainers?

C) How often have the new courses like New Leader Essentials, Cub Job Specific, Scoutmaster/Asst Scoutmaster Job Specific and troop Committee Challenge been offered?

D) Is anyone Going to the New Wood Badge this year?

E) Is anyone going to Philmont Training Center?

F) What times of year, in your opinion would it be best to offer;

-Tiger Den Leader Training

-Wolf /Bear Den Leader Training

-Webelos Leader Training

-Webelos Outdoor

-Cubmaster/Asst Cubmaster Training

-Pack committee Training

-BALOO

-Intoduction to Outdoor Skills

-Scoutmaster/Asst. Scoutmaster Leader Training

Don't feel like you need to answer all the questions. Pick and choose the ones that are close to your heart.

Thanks for the input,

Bob

a. Trainers are coming Monday night to our troop meeting place for committee training.

b. I have only seen the training been offered twice for this year so far.

d. Yes, 3 ASM from our troop.

e.Not this year, we had one ASM go last year.

f. time of the year, for me it would fall, my least busy time.

Our District offers a combination Cub Scout and Boy Scout Leader Training in the fall and spring. Den Chief Training offered at the same time.

Council offers Woodbadge every other year in the fall (our Council alternates Woodbadge with an adjacent Council).

Troop leader training has never been offer at meetings, Pack leader training has.

Philmont Training is available to all who have the money, time, and can qualify.

All of these other offshoot training programs may be covered by what I refer to as Troop and Pack Leader Training. Our Council is current in it's needs to offer the appropriate training for it's leaders.

A) In my district, Cub Scout, Some of Boy Scout, Youth Protection, Ethics in Action training will be brought to any unit that asks for it and can gather at least 5 people to attend.

B) By the new Pack and Troop organization charts (page 7-1, Cub Scout Leader Book, page 11 of the Troop Committe Guidebook) the Troop and Pack Trainer sets between the Committee and the unit leader (SM and CM).

C) The New Essentials for Leaders is offered as part of each training. We offer Cub training 3-4 times a year, Boy Scout training in the Spring and Fall. Troop Committee challenge is offered as apart of Boy Scout Leader Training.

D) I am strongly considering it since I wasn't able to finish my ticket in the Mid 80's.

E) No

F) Tiger/Wolf/Bear Den Leaders, Cubmaster, Pack Committee, October, March and May.

Boy Scout Training of all types, Webelos Training October and May.

BALOO September and April

Our council offers University of Scouting in March which includes Cub Scout Training, Commissioner Training plus speciality trainings.

Scott Hemgren

Central Minnesota Council