Jambo Website says my son gets to have a cell phone

Has anyone else tried to register themselves or a scout for Jambo?

One of the interesting things was that when we began to register a cell phone number was a required field. This is the best news eldest son has had in a long time. He takes this to mean he's allowed to get a cell phone now so he can go to Jambo.

Also interesting is that you can't seem to finish the process yet. After entering all his information, albeit with my cell #, the site says "next action required: pending parent approval", but there doesn't seem to be any way to do the parental approval.

The site also says; "The 2013 Jamboree application system is being developed in stages. The administrative processes will not be available until August 1, 2011. Applications will remain in a "Pending Review" status until then."

I'm curious what experience other folks have had.

"One of the interesting things was that when we began to register a cell phone number was a required field. This is the best news eldest son has had in a long time. He takes this to mean he's allowed to get a cell phone now so he can go to Jambo"

I love his thinking! It's so entertainming! :)

Tell him that when it asks for his address, it means he is allowed to move out on his own too!!! :p