I am sure you all have the experience of posting a message and due to the timing know another member has just posted something and soon will be reading your post (got that?)

What would you guys think of a chat room? I have no idea what it would take from scouter.com to do this, but before I/we ask who would like to do that? Converse real time with sctmom, eisely, and the rest. Of course sctmom and eisely are under no pressure to say anything. Its just an idea. If you think our posts are interesting, can you imagine real time chat????

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if Scouter would add any but Yahoo has a scouting room and no one is ever or hardly ever in it. If a time were set up I am sure many could go there and chat say Thursdays at 9:00 EST.

Thoughts?

In regards to the question of what would it take for scouter.com to put up a chat room: Chat room software is actually very high level and requires some extra connectivity that other software (like we are currently using) doesn't need. Also, with a chat room, it is totally unmoderated. Once something is said, it can't be edited out. If someone wanted to come on and cause trouble (as we've seen on this forum), not much could be done to stop it. I think using the Yahoo chat room (or a similar independent) would be the best idea. With their size and technical capabilities, it would be much easier for them to squash any potential problems.