Here's a "high adventure" story.

There was a TV program on PBS recently about Big Foot, discussing the scientific validity of the various sightings over the years. Apropos, there is a write-up about a recent sighting involving Scouts in the April issue of a reputable national magazine.

Quoting the story:

When the creature known as Sasquatch or Bigfoot crashed into their campsite at Magnus Pedis State Park in Washington, the Scouts of Troop 685, Meh-teh, Ore., were prepared. The guys tackled the intruder and used bowline knots to tie it up until help arrived. Authorities agree the legendary beast has finally been captured, and the Scouts are being celebrated as heroes.

The media frenzy surrounding the troop has the guys stressed out. Were planning our next trip for someplace less exciting, Eagle Scout Harry Henderson, 16, says. Maybe Roswell, N.M. "

Does anyone have any further details?

Well, I don't want to brag, but we captured a Bigfoot on an outing a couple of years ago. Actually, I think he captured us, because we were frozen in fear, but that's beside the point.

What most people don't know is that these are highly intelligent and evolved creatures. So much so, in fact, that he showed up at our next scout meeting and did a Skillbase on wilderness survival.

We wanted to sign him up as a MB counselor, but, shoot, we can only find his footprints now and then.

Did you guys notice the adds on this page changed to stories about Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster?

Ever been to the Lodge Outlet Store? They have huge dutch ovens - may have to chop Big Foot up first before cooking, though. I've heard it's a little greasy but tastes like chicken.

Don't be fooled about the references to "April Fools Day". After word of the capture leaked out, I suspect the government forced BSA to add that part in to allay suspicions. The video is pretty convincing, and the 18 second gap makes one wonder what was going on. Are all the Scouts REALLY accounted for?

And what about Magnus Pedis state park? Why would the government allow BSA to publish the location of the capture. Me thinks it was really down in northern Calif near Humboldt State U. The place was crawling with dark colored Dodge Coronets about the time the news broke.

Personally I wonder if Harry Haenderson's Scoutmaster is John Lithgow

You know while Sasquatch stew will feed 30 scouts, if you have 32 scheduled for dinner you can stretch the stew by adding a rabbit although some people object to finding a hare in their Sasquatch stew

Personally I wonder if Harry Haenderson's Scoutmaster is John Lithgow

You know while Sasquatch stew will feed 30 scouts, if you have 32 scheduled for dinner you can stretch the stew by adding a rabbit although some people object to finding a hare in their Sasquatch stew