Old uniform memory lane

For Jamboree I purchased a reproduction 1910 uniform. I am surprised how logically functional it is. The tunic is removable in the summer to make for a cool summer afternoon, yet with it on, extends comfortable camping well into the late fall. The "baggy" pants make it easy to hunker down around a campfire. The leggings are perfect for cutting through the woods, brambles and keeping the ticks out. The brimmed hat keeps off the sun from face, ears and neck.

While it will never again gain any popularity in today's world, there's a lot to be said for a practical uniform.

Stosh

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, my son has worn the WWII uniform quite a few times - our family all reenacts WWII and he portrays a WWII Boy Scout of his current rank. He has not been able to wear his original items lately because he outgrew the shirt he wore & I can't find a larger one. Depending on how he feels, he will wear the pants or the britches. I am amazed by the quality of the workmanship on this old clothing compared to that of today.

• Upvote 1