Philmont Duty to God Patch

Scoutson did not mention this when he returned from P/M. Handsome patch.

I would suggest two things. First, call and ask P/M.

Second, I would treat it as a "tempo" patch, which means that it can be worn on the right uni pocket, OR on the back of the MB sash, OR (perhaps... depends on the proximity of the unipolitzie) on your red shirtjac.

Mucho congrats. Dis the rest of your crew earn it also?

It's a temporary, as far as the insignia guide goes. If your Troop has non-standard customs, like the back of the MB sash is your own space, then that's your own decision.

For years, I have patches like this on my backpack...

A good rule of thumb regarding patches is that if a specific location is not given, treating it as 'temporary insignia' is the way to go.

Equipment, patch jacket (not to be confused with a scout jacket or jac-shirt) or patch vest, or patch blank are also options.

I wouldn't be too harsh on John-in-KC. The policy of allowing temporary patches to be worn on the back of the merit badge sashes is a fairly new one. Wasn't around when most of us were kids. This was allowed about 10 years back or so.

I hope I wasn't being too hard on him - I only learned of this in the past few years. I have seen it in a number of local Troops. I suggested to my son to limit those patches on the back to really big activities, such as HA, NYLT or big OA events. He agrees.

shortridge,

I don't mean to cut lars off, but wanted to point out the resource for NT. We were given small booklets with the daily devotionals in them. They had separate devotionals for different religions. I was pretty impressed with it. It also included hyms, interfaith devotionals, and the daily timetables for dawn, sunrise, noon, etc. for Muslims.

Northern Passages

Worship in Canoe Country for Jews, Muslims and Christians

shortridge,

I'll get you the resource numbers tonight. One is a restricted use bin item (ever hear of that) printed for use by folks on the trail at PSR or at PTC. The other is the same thing, less the Philmont specific stuff, but a SALE item by Supply Corporation.