Knot Again, another Knot ????

In 1964 as a Cub Scout I was awarded a National Certificate of Merit. At the time the only other heroism award was the National Medal of Merit. Upon returning to scouting as a leader six years ago I started to wearing the Knot with red on white. With-in the last year due to my Scouting values I removed it because I was not sure if I was eligible. I also feared the uniform police. My question is should I resume wearing the Heroism Knot?????

Well did you recieve the Certificate of Merit or the Medal of Merit. The Medal of Merit is what the knot stands for, the certificate of Merit has NO knot.

I was awarded the Certificate of Merit as well, but it was not the medal, so there was no knot for it.

Yours in Scouting

VentureScoutNY

The Certificates have no knots (go figure) but I remember reading once that when medals were added in between two old awards that some of the old awards would get upgraded. I don't know how accurate that statement is, I read it on the internet.

I don't suppose that it would hurt to contact the folks at National that handle such things and see if your award has been or can be upgraded.