Uniform Police

John,

I got the joke. I know a guy that is a hard corp member of the uniform police. I've seen adult leaders dive for cover at RT when he enters the building.

Don't worry about Bob, he's the "Enforcer" around these parts :)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"My concern johnsned is your willingness to assume that anyone who uses the uniform as a method to achieve an aim of scouting is some nitpicking, child harrassing, rule spouter."

This may be one of the few things that Bob White and I agree on. I am anything but a rule spouting book-thumper but I do think that if you are going to wear a uniform, it should be worn correctly or at least as correctly as possible.

I think I may be nominated for the Noble Peace Prize since I was able to gey Bob White and Fat Old Guy on the same side of an issue.

Isn't this one of the signs of the apocalypse?

JohnSned

The only bad thing is not they are both comming after me! :-)

A. Methods are ways of accomplishing Scouting; they are not an end in themselves.

So what other ways beside the methods do you accomplish scouting?

B. or the pants don't match.

I am assuming this means that the scouts wear jeans or sweatpants, or BDU and not scout pants. Which would not make a uniform.

Now take what you posted and apply it to any of the other 7 methods. If you can say the uniform is not needed or does not matter what it looks like, why could you not say the same for Patrols or Leadership? After all they are only methods?

(This message has been edited by dan)

Dan... Dan... Dan...

I know exactly what I posted. It was a JOKE!! You know what that is right? Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line."

A story about someone taking things way too seriously, completely fictitious. Before I posted this I couldnt have imaged people seeing this as a true story, I wasnt trying to express my opinion on matching pants, scout socks or neckerchiefs. It was like I said about people who take things to an absurd extreme.

I will make sure that I submit any further posts to my attorney, so we can avoid this type of misunderstanding in the future.

As I said earlier some people are unwittingly making themselves the butt of this joke. You know showing absurd behavior or opinions that are out of proportion to the circumstance.

"I know exactly what I posted. It was a JOKE!! You know what that is right?"

However, jokes usually reveal the true attitude of the joke teller.

As others have said, if we give on the uniform method, why not let advancement slide. Hey, if advancement goes, let's make the outdoor program into a lecture series with slides of trees. Patrols? Who needs them. Where do you draw the line?

johnsned

When you posted that it makes good points that was also a joke?

showing absurd behavior

Would that be lining up for the firing squad?

How many posters agree with it and said it was right on the money? The answer would be 2.

And if you read my first post I did say it was funny.

You are talking out both sides of your mouth, saying it is a joke but yet it makes good points.

How do all of these myths is scouting get started?

I confess one of my knots is upside down too. I gave them to She Who Must be Obeyed to sew onto my shirt without giving her explicit intructions beyond showing her where they go. So far no one has noticed. But I now live in constant fear whenever I put on that shirt. Always looking over my shoulder, never trusting anyone.

I know I need to fix it, and I will, I promise.

SA