merit badge challenge

Yeah,the form I downloaded has the option of :

"I wish to work only with_______"

OR

"I wish to work with all units"

I am attaching a note to say I will work with just my CO's unit at first to get some experience and time under my belt, but the next year, I'll work with all units in my district

Well, I'll answer Lisa's challenge:

- Personally, I counsel:

-- Railroading

-- Coin Collecting

-- Photography

-- Citizenship in the Nation

-- Citizenship in the World

My Council puts a (non-standard to BSA) limit of 6MBs per Counselor. I have one in reserve right now.

I counsel district-wide.

I am also the trainer of MB Counselors for my District, under coordinated supervision of the Advancement and Training Operating Committees.

The mess with the sign up of MBC has troops in my area using unregistered MBC's.. With the fact blue cards are no longer turned in, but the troop just electronically files the completion of, it is impossible to check into.. We had someone from one troop state they do it.. We have several troops who have earned several of the special centenial MB's, although absolutely no one in our district has become an MBC for any of them.. I guess they could have used an MBC from a different district, but I doubt that they did.

Frankly there is no doubt about it, between the difficulty to register, the difficulty to stay registered (due to the software system district uses), the difficulty to get out an accurate MBC list, and the troops who just are skipping the whole process and doing their own thing.. It is a mess..

I know some of you say your district will check blue cards during the ECOH.. But frankly that would be a pain, not only the time of doing so, but the fact that the past recordings of MBC, have told people they were approved, and then they never got recorded accurately.. Why put the mess of this system onto an Scout who might then loose the Eagle rank while they may have not known the MBC was not legit, and even the MBC and troop might have thought they were legit..

But, I think more & more of the adults now know they are just bypassing the whole system. Still does the scout know that?