New Requirement for Star

This seems very unlikely for the reasons already stated, but the idea that a new requirement like this is planned to take effect in 2014 (see artjrk's post) seems at least plausible. But only if First Aid MB is also made a requirement for Star. (Which isn't entirely out of the question; for most of the 70's First Aid MB was required for one of the lower ranks, I believe First Class.)

On the other hand, I'm not sure that they plan that far ahead. But I guess we'll see.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a long way out, and for that reason alone, strikes me as not official.

The other thing is that if the course is really intended for people 14+, that would be a deal-breaker. No way would National say that they want a First Class-first year plan, and then have no way to earn Star for two more years.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I see at the link Le Voyageur posted, the only change for Star is the addition of several POR's to the list. That is what the information packet from my council says as well. They have not added any new requirements for that rank, only provided additional options for passing the existing POR requirement.