Savable Eagle Scout Rank Application?

The NESA.org Eagle Scout Rank Application is an interactive form but it won't save changes. That means that the scout has to completely fill out the form in one sitting rather than writing it, saving it, and coming back later to finish and edit. We have the 8.something version of Adobe on our computer

Does anyone know of the 2008 form that has a fully editable and savable format online so the scout won't have to do the whole thing over if he runs out of time?

First, I don't know if some are confusing the Eagle Project Workbook with the Application.

As I recall the Workbook is a savable form.

I just tried using Acrobat Version 8 and it allowed me to save data on the Application form.

SA

Adobe Acrobat is the software you have to buy, Adobe Reader is the freebie. I think National should make all the forms like Eagle Applications, Tour Permits, Physical Forms so that they can be filled out online and saved. I think there are some programs floating around that might convert the form to a format that can be saved, but I haven't tried any of them.

I have Adobe Reader 8.something. The workbook that the scout used to write his proposal and AAR worked and still works fine even on the Adobe v.5 and on the v.8. It's the actual 2 page rank application form (the one with all the little squares) that can't be saved.

I have adobe acrobat reader v8 on a box.

I just downloaded the NESA Eagle app. 58-728 (2008 edition)

Got a warning bar that the fill-in data would not save out.

Closed the file, then reopened.

Indeed, Hint is right, the data still doesn't save.

try a program called PDF2Word. I have version 3.0. It lets you use it 100 times for free. I have used this to convert to word and edit how I want to. Works great for me but I have not tried it on the Eagle App. It is available on-line. Just google.

My 2 cents

Kbandit

Kbandit, thanks for the tip. My scout tried the PDF2Word free trial today. Unfortunately, the program does okay for empty line fill in (like address and phone number section) but does not format correctly for the part where one fills in a letter per box such as the 30 spaces for a full name or the part where the scout puts relevant dates.

You would think that BSA could format this rank application could be an editable version....