Nations Trails Heritage Awards SCAM

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allscout.,

I had the same issue i ordered our patches and medals back in Dec and received them just recently, all in all it took some 3 months to get these awards deliverd.

Poor customer service is what i am calling it and will not go though the gold medal requirements with my guys as i dont want to put up with that type of service.

gald you received them and have your boys wear them proudly!!!!

scott

• 2 weeks later...

We too seem to have been scamed by this organization. However I took it one step further since they have not responded to many e-mail attempts. They are based in Ma. I believe and have referred them to the Atterney Generals Office in that state. Also I have contact manay scouting web-sites and gotten them to remove the link to their home page. I too will see about getting a patch from another site since the scouts worked hard in earning this award. We have been waiting over 4 months. I will now contact some verterns organizations in that sate to see if they would like to contact them since they seem to be disregarding the flag and scouting. If I knew of this web-site before starting I would never have gone down this path for this award.

I am SO sorry to hear about your experience with this!

My sons Webelo den worked on this award, and earned it in November. We sent the money and everything in right away, and had it back within a couple of weeks. In fact, they were awarded in January, and I carried them around for a while.

Wow!

I wish I could say what the big difference is in our situations!

~Pixie

• 3 weeks later...

There's a ton of real BSA awards Cub Scouts can earn, and the patchs, pins, and certificates are available at the Scout Shop. Try the World Conservation Award, or LNT Awareness, or Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award, or Emergency Preparedness, or a whole variety of different awards in the Academics & Sports Program Guide.

Books? I did not see any info about books.

Everything they have is online. The trail info is simply a listing of some of the trails in some of the states. They list contact info also so you can get more information on the trail from the organization promoting it.

• 1 month later...

Our council initially promoted this award and I had about half (30) of my Cubs complete the requirements for the silver award. This was at the end of February 2008. I immediately sent in my order for the award sets (including the payment for ~ $200). I have yet to see any awards. My calls and emails go unanswered. I attempted to email Nations Trails today, however, my email was returned as "undeliverable".

I am going to take the recommendations from the many posts I have seen here and go about an alternate way to reward/recognize my scouts for completing the requirements.

I would strongly urge any troop/pack considering Nations Trails to NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THEM. I know that I have recommended to my District Executive to have their link removed from our council website and to warn others in our council.

I have a question, having been through the "poorest" customer service in the world with this organization, there has been talk around several of the boards that people should go out and produce their own Patches. Has anyone done this or are we all just chaulking this up to a lesson learned and once we do receive the awards we forget about it? I know for myself i havnt bothered to go look to design a new patch but I will not ever recommend or use this company again for their award... it is a shame cause the boys really did like the medal they FINALLY received after 3 months of waiting. They liked it so much that some continue to wear their medal 5 months later.

YIS YiWB,

Scott Truax

... and a good 'ol Fox I am......

Well, they cashed my troop's check this month (May), the day before I went in to get it put on hold. I had sent the check in January. :-(

I put my own money back into my Troop's account so the girls wouldn't lose $98 because I was stupid enough to deal with a patch organization that has no phone number and doesn't take credit cards. I'll pursue these ripoff artists when my troop meeting season ends in 2 weeks, amd will disseminate their ripoff operation to wherever I can in Scouting! I have already written to Council and National requesting that any links to this shady organization be deleted!

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM(This message has been edited by pdthayer)

• 2 weeks later...

I have likewise been scammed by the folks at Nations Trails. I sent them the money for 11 awards and patches on 1/31/08 and to date have received nothing. I have tried to call them, sent letters, sent emails, went thru the complaint process with the Better Business Bureau, etc...

Basically, my boys worked for this award and are being scammed out of the money. I have exhausted all of the other avenues and am contacting the police department in Marborough, MA about criminal charges.

The awards are awesome looking and the boys love the look of them, but I regret ever becoming involved in this scam by Nations Trails.

GernBlansten

Thanks for the contact info on Nations Trails, however, I can tell you that the email does not work (comes back as undeliverable) and the phone message (there is NO live time person answering the phone) truncates before you can leave any type of message.

My pack check was cashed as of May 1st, and although I do hold some hope that my unit will eventually receive the awards we ordered (looks like from many of the posts that the units finally received their awards after MANY months of waiting), my leadership team & I have decided to recognize our Cub Scouts in some other way (as suggested in this post) for what THEY have accomplished.

Pack54CM

norrin_the_hun

Did you have any luck with the Marlborough police in addressing the "Nations Trails" issue? I'd like to get some additional information from you (for the police) so I can contact them as well. Maybe if enough people contact them, something can be done.

Pack54CM