Jump to content

Wyobkr

Members
  • Content Count

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wyobkr

  1. In 2021 I attended NYLT course director's conference in the fal. It started off completely different than any other of the ones I had been to. Took just a short time before the questions were asked why it was different. The staff stated that in 2021 there were 42 complaints filed of youth on youth sexual abuse at NYLT courses. So that is the number of filed complaints, you know that is only part of the total number. And this is at the leadership training course where you hope that there is more maturity and composure. And attendance at NYLT is a fraction of attendance at summer camps. S
  2. I spent my high school years on the east side of Maury Pass and enjoyed visiting and camping Goshen Scout Reservation. Was part of big flood in 1985 when water had to be released from Lake Merriweather at the Reservation due to a large storm and it wiped out local roads and closed schools for weeks, what an adventure. Wish Goshen would have been more seriously considered for Jambo site since it is much closer to transporation, but there were a lot of factors in the decisions. This year I visited and helped out with two local camps, Ben Delatour Scout Ranch in northern Colorado, and Camp
  3. As of Friday July 8 the total is $185,592,097.15. That is 80% of the billed hours and all expenses. Will have to see if the attorneys, etc. get the other 20% at the end of the bankruptcy.
  4. I am not sure what country you are living in. Giving something is not free market. That is wealth redistribution.
  5. The crying shame of it all is that the DOJ says the settlement isn't legal. What if the judge says go back to the drawing board?
  6. Take a look at some of the resources that were presented in the references as the new merit badge came out. One showed a graphic of 3 people trying to pick apples. The tall one had no box, the shorter had a medium sized box, and the short one had a tall box so they all could get the apple. That is what counselors were to teach per BSA's own references. That means everybody gets the lake. and everybody gets to go to jamboree.
  7. If we are to truly have equity, then our neighboring council needs to pay our council so that our camp can have both a lake and a swimming pool. They have them, so we need them too so that the outcome is all the same. So shall we ask council x to pony up for council y? And shall I ask all of the scouts in a unit to contribute to support the less fortunate? Every one of the scouts should be able to afford the $4,600 to go to jamboree next year if we redistribute the resources, right? Go explain that one in the new merit badge.
  8. I started keeping track early and was fascinated by the proposed monthly amounts the various firms were stating they would charge. Nearly every day I review the dockets including pay applications submitted. Based on 80% recovery (actual billing) as of yesterday the total is $159,052,158.67. That will be plus or minus a few cents.
  9. I lived through affirmative action already. Had enough and wont participate again. Until you have been part of reverse discrimination.....
  10. This is indeed a tough one. After rough, rough year with covid, as of October 2021 the deline from October 2020 nationwide was 20.48%. Mergers will continue with 39 councils having youth numbers under 1,000 members and larger councils having large losses. 71 councils had 25% or greater loss over that time frame despite aggressive membership push. Only 9 councils met recruitment goals. Scouting has nearly always been a local program and councils with active local program have done better. But as they consolidate and there is less local program the sense of community will continue to decli
  11. I have been tracking the pay applications posted on Omni since it started. As of today total is $113,019,917.65. Vast majority are 80% of what can be invoiced. Interesting to track the BSA monthly reports as well to compare year to year revenue and expenditures.
×
×
  • Create New...