Issues & Politics

In answer to many requests, we established a separate forum for these topics. Those not interested can skip this forum instead of spending time reading unwanted messages to identify content.

2946 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  1. Dan Rather has sued CBS!!

• 0 replies
  2. Winded yet?

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  3. And now in the UK .....

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  4. community organizer

• 0 replies
  • LATEST POSTS

• Well, ok.. you have a point. I didn't want to get into program weakness details because I see this as a big picture reframing that will allow us to get to that with good windhorse. Of course, we do have to actually get to that, and I could be mistaken. But check this brand new marketing video out - this is like a US version of Scouterna's We are raised by adventure video. This is our wheelhouse, we can "sell" it, and people want it. And I'm sure my unit isn't the only one that can deliver (age-appropriately) almost everything in that video to anyone that signs up today.   
    • I feel like the name change helps remove a distraction, the constant complaining from folks who still felt like the name "Boy Scouts of America" was some kind of mandate that girls not be allowed. Removing the basis of that argument ("Boy" in the main organization name) means there is no argument anymore. It's part of the org name, it's codified into the primary brand identity. It's done, we can (finally) move on from having to defend the contradiction in the name.
    • Well, let’s drive forward.
    • Tell that to those that went to the Jamboree. I’d like to see how the next WILL be a quality program vs 2023’s meh program. 
    • You can’t convince me now because all it ends up being is a name change. Money and time spent. How about some plans? Some actions to really move the needle? And I don’t mean the plans / actions around renaming. Renaming is easy. Success is assured with the renaming. Plans can and will be completed. Growing numbers is hard. How about a review of the 5 year plan and where we are at? Like another said, basically failed. 
  • Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online