An Example of a Sub Sub Forum

• 8 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Explain how you did that please? :)
I think AnneinMpls is referring to creating a Sub-Forum, not a "Sub-Sub-Forum." According to moderator SR540Beaver it is only possible for an administrator to make Sub-Forum. Unless you figured it out, if so, please share how.

I think this comment thing can get a little muddy.

I try to keep current with the latest posts, but sometimes the latest post is a comment to a post earlier in the thread. I'm not necessarily going to scroll back up through multiple pages of posts to find the one comment that is new.

Personally, I think comment works if you are commenting about the most recent post..... but if it's an old post, I think using the "quote" option is better. It puts your new post at the bottom of the thread along with the quoted post for reference. Keeps the timeline straight.

I think this is a better approach, but that's just one man's opinion....

What we then need is the ability to quote a comment left in an earlier post.

I think this comment thing can get a little muddy.

I try to keep current with the latest posts, but sometimes the latest post is a comment to a post earlier in the thread. I'm not necessarily going to scroll back up through multiple pages of posts to find the one comment that is new.

Personally, I think comment works if you are commenting about the most recent post..... but if it's an old post, I think using the "quote" option is better. It puts your new post at the bottom of the thread along with the quoted post for reference. Keeps the timeline straight.

I think this is a better approach, but that's just one man's opinion....

What we then need is the ability to quote a comment left in an earlier post.

"What we then need is the ability to quote a comment left in an earlier post."

That would be useful.

"What we then need is the ability to quote a comment left in an earlier post." That would be useful.
Testing direct editing of comment
I mostly use an iPad and it makes this a pia, but you can copy and past the text and use the quote /quote tags to accomplish this. Not ideal. I agree with all of you going back a page and commenting is not a best practice. But things a far better than there were in the spring.