X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig Sauer Donates 70 engraved handguns to Jambo

Sig Sauer is donating 54 Mosquito pistols and 16 P250 pistols with BSA logo engraving, which Venturers and Boy Scouts who meet the Venturing age requirement (14–21 years old) will use in their shooting activities at National Jamboree. http://www.ammoland.com/2013/07/sig-...#axzz2YTOfwxQ6

Locally, our scout camp is already out of 22 ammo.

Sorry about the ammo. Did you catch the post about the scout camp in Nebraska? Once they got the word they had huge donations.

Comment

• JoeBob
      JoeBob commented
      Editing a comment
      Since y'all were talking 'Nutters' this is only slightly off topic:
      Has your family talked about their 'Riot Plan' for when Zimmerman is acquitted?

Mrs. JoeBob works at a Country Club 1/4 mile from a heavily Black politically active area. She scoffs, but I'm trying to think ahead;.

Be Prepared...

• King Ding Dong
      King Ding Dong commented
      Editing a comment
      If there is one lesson to be learned from Boston, if the government wants to hunt you down, they will succeed, no matter how much firepower you have.

The government will always have bigger guns and more ammo than you have.

• packsaddle
      packsaddle commented
      Editing a comment
      I fairly often read about the 'Riot Plan' in the gun blogs. Lots of bluster and braggadocio, little substance.

I'd like to put my name in the hat for one of these!

Comment

• gsdad
      gsdad commented
      Editing a comment
      You and me both.

Since when does being Venturing age, rather than being a Venturer, qualify a Boy Scout to participate in activities restricted to Venturers?

Comment

• gsdad
      gsdad commented
      Editing a comment
      Since many councils are padding their numbers by sending Scouts as Venturers perhaps?

• The Blancmange
      The Blancmange commented
      Editing a comment
      One might also ask the converse, what would make a Venturer more qualified to participate in an activity than a Boy Scout of equal age, both having been provided with training?

• RememberSchiff
      RememberSchiff commented
      Editing a comment
      There is a Pistol Pilot Program which allows boy scouts to shoot handguns at participating camps.

http://myhighplains.com/fulltext?nxd_id=397942

Mostly the BSA caliber, firearm restrictions are contradictory and don't apply to their own high adventure facilities.

The Sig mosquito is a great handgun, but it very picky about ammo. I have one myself and with the ammo shortage I have had to go with whatever I can get my hands on for using at the range and I have to deal with at least 1 or 2 jams with a 10 round clip. I only have 1 box of my good ammo left and I am not wasting it at the range!

Comment

Rumor has it shooting sports staff is light and they might not get everyone through.

Comment

• RememberSchiff
        RememberSchiff commented
        Editing a comment
        https://summit.scouting.org/en/Jambo...ges/Staff.aspx

Seems Shooting Sports and other areas are still short on volunteer staff and Jambo starts in 3 days?

• gsdad
        gsdad commented
        Editing a comment
        If not for the price of admission, I would be more than happy to work as an RSO. Scouting is the reason I took the course.

Sig P250 9mm with BSA lettering.

Comment

Working...
      X