Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inaccurate or misleading statements in relation to actual facts have impact on youth.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inaccurate or misleading statements in relation to actual facts have impact on youth.

One of my 14 year old scouts last night sat down at my desk and pulled a magnet with the Bill of Rights on it off the filing cabinet. When asked what he was doing, since the others were supposedly working on improving their lashing skills, he said he wanted to see what parts the president had changed. Did not really know what to say, as I know his parents are pretty right leaning, and so suggested nothing was changed, but interpretations can be confusing. He did not pursue it further, but it really made me think about how misleading blind political commentary can be. Trouble is, that while he is 14 and actually thought to at least look at the real language, too many of the zealots and ill educated masses who are adults, on both sides, do not.

It's not just the youth; a lot of the adults have been mislead as well. The Sad part is that most adults don't care to check the facts. I have met people who send their kids to private school because they don't like the way the public schools are run. One of the biggest grips about public schools is that the kids aren't allowed to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in the morning. That statement is completely false. Kids in public schools are required to stand quietly while the pledge is recited every morning; they are free to join in if they wish and most do. Just because a kid is not required to recite the Pledge of Allegiance doesn't mean they are prohibited from reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. I've even invited the jerk to come to any public school in the district with me to watch; yet they won't come.

Comment

• Merlyn_LeRoy
      Merlyn_LeRoy commented
      Editing a comment
      They can't be required to stand for the pledge either; see Holloman v. Harland.

The Bill of Rights hasn't been changed, but some in the current Administration seem to think they are empowered to ignore it.

Comment

• King Ding Dong
      King Ding Dong commented
      Editing a comment
      Turn off Faux News man. ACORN does not exist.

• dcsimmons
      dcsimmons commented
      Editing a comment
      ACORN doesn't exist anymore because once the federal teat dried up they went away.
      Last edited by dcsimmons; 10-04-2013, 09:27 AM.

• Fehler
      Fehler commented
      Editing a comment
      There are thousands of companies and organizations that wouldn't exist save for Federal contracts or funding grants.

28% of Louisiana Republicans think Bush was responsible for Katrina while 29% think Obama was. ??? 2008-2005=3 years The facts don't matter to many people. http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...-obama-s-fault

Comment

I will never a bear scout telling me that you had to buy your way into heaven....That is what his minister said.

Also same bear scout was telling our muslim scout he was going to hell because he didn't believe in God.

Comment

• King Ding Dong
        King Ding Dong commented
        Editing a comment
        Depending on your religion beliefs those are all accurate statements. No real way to disprove them unfortunately.

• Horizon
        Horizon commented
        Editing a comment
        Guys in my troop told me I was going to hell for believing in evolution. Pushed me away from organized religion for 20 years.

• packsaddle
        packsaddle commented
        Editing a comment
        I had a friend who was told by his other (Baptist) friend that because he was friends with me, he "walked with Satan". When he told me about this, my response was ...."Is that way cool or what!"
    Working...
    X