Fonts, fonts and more fonts!

How do fonts relate to advancement? I'm trying to find a serif typeface that matches the typeface used on merit badge cards.

I must have access to 2,000 fonts. No they're not all installed but a few years back, I got a font cataloging program and went through every distribution disk that had fonts on it.

There are serift typefaces galore buy I can't find one that matches exactly. Does anyone have a suggestion?

"Yeah -- don't fake merit badge cards!"

I'm not faking them. I want to print the information on labels and stick them onto the card to save me some writing.

Could stick a bug into National's ear and get them to make Merit Badge cards in sheets that I could run through my printer?

Ed,

I hadn't thought of that.

FOG:

I never thought you were faking merit badge cards.

I will include a note to the Boy Scout division when I send in our Wood Badge close-out report. It might work. National seems to be going more and more toward electronic forms that can be printed locally or electronic information. It's a slow process, probably slower than either of us want, but it's coming.

We'll see what happens.

Dave

"I never thought you were faking merit badge cards."

If I could find the perforated card stock with the right sized cards, I'd do just that. Print the whole thing, including names and signature on a color printer (with waterproof ink). It might jack the cost up from 7 cents to 10 or 12 cents per card but it would be worth it to save the handwriting.