How to handle bad scouts

I am a scout volunteer as well as a scout mom. I have a problem with some of the scouts in our troop accusing three other scouts of doing really nasty things. There is no evidence and the "boy hurt" has mentioned that nothing happened. The council has thrown the three boys out and will not take into account the boys accused.

The boys that are the accused have stated to many that they will do whatever is necessary to get the others thrown out because they just dont like them.

What can be sone to help these boys.

Welcome to the Forums.

Ed and nldscout both have said it, and I'll say it a 3d time. We need more of

- What exactly happened.

- When did it happen (context being troop meeting, camp, trail, outside of Scouting).

- Where did it happen (again, context being troop facility, Scout Camp, Council offices)...

In most disciplinary matters, I'd be looking to the Scoutmaster first. He/she should have lots of support resources to hand, including the Chartered Organization Representative and the Unite Commissioner.

1) All boys deserve their day in court if something happened. If you don't afford them the courtesy of presenting their side, they're not receiving a very good lesson in civics...

2) There is no such thing as a bad Scout. Scouts make bad decisions and need to learn the consequences of those decisions, but that doesn't make them a bad person...

3) Scouting would be great without some of the parents... ;) I see far more damage caused by overprotective parents reporting heresay to the council than I do actual incidents which deserve some form of corrective action.