Hold on to your hats Tuesday is the big day

After 3 years or more? As a Life Scout, OJ has his Eagle Scout BOR this coming Tuesday.

My love for him is and always has been one of the most important parts of my life. I love him completely and utterly without condition.Him being or not being an Eagle Scout makes no difference to that.

He turns 18 in July. But he is by no means a "Death Bed" Eagle candidate.

One reason for the delay is that he has been busy. Last Summer flew by, he worked on summer camp staff and at the Jambo. He is serving his 3rd term as Administrative Vice Chief of Wagion Lodge 6 and his second term as Section Secretary, throw in Sea Scouts, soccer, chorus,track, working part time, doing stuff at home and it's easy to see why the delay.

I'm 99.9% sure that he will do well at the BOR.

I'm very much the proud Dad.

His project was a good one, made better in my eyes because he had over 20 other young people turn up to help with it.

It's a shame that his Grand-Dad (Her Who Must Be Obeyed side) isn't around, he was a SM in our small town. I know that he would be almost as proud as I am.

He informs me that he is going to make Quartermaster. But just like his Eagle -If he meets the BOR requirement?

That will be his goal.

The Board will meet with him at Camp. I'll drive up to see what the outcome is.

Needless to say if all goes well he will be one happy little (Size 13 shoes!) Camp staffer and I'll be ne happy Dad.

At times I know I moan and groan about the BSA, but when I think about how much good stuff my kid has got and gets from just being a member, I'm very grateful for the BSA and all the wonderful people who have done so much for the kid I love so very much.

Happy Fathers Day to all.

Who knows I might get a belated gift?

Even though it will never be mine.

Eamonn.

Congratulations to you, Eamonn. And congratulations to your son too.

The gift will be yours also.

I believe that one can take until 21 to reach Quartermaster in the Sea Scouts, so there is still some additional time. Who knows, maybe he will try for the Silver Award also and go for the trifecta.

Happy father's day. The only father happier than the one who has an Eagle Scout son is the father whose daughter is dating an Eagle Scout :)

NeilLup

I don't know about American Dads?

Back home, I tried to look like butter wouldn't melt in my mouth,while I informed young lady's fathers that I was a Queen Scout!

It didn't work!!

Maybe that's why his Mom is an American?

Eamonn.

I have been loosely following OJ's progress from your posts for years Eamonn. Right now I have a big grin and something must have flown into my eye.

Well done the new Eagle

...and the dad who leant support (and hours at the wheel).

Thanks Oz,

Do you still have Queen Scouts?

What is your Scout Promise?

Just wondering.

My little Sister is now working for Minter Ellison, which I hear is big in your part of the world. She is in Hong Kong, buts gets to visit Australia every now and then.

She tells me that it's great over there.

I'm thinking of sending OJ over to Hong Kong as a graduation gift next year.

(He can free load off my Sister!!)

Eamonn.

Yes Eamonn, I am a Queens Scout. It is the senior award in Venturers. If his mum allows Charlie to get the chair it might become the Kings Award again but I can't see her doing that for a long while. Maybe Will'll be the fella.

We have two versions of the promise as we are half way to being a republic and some don't like 'duty to the Queen of Australia'. Full text at: http://www.scouts.com.au/general/index.asp?iShellID=675&sKeyword=SOZ_HOME_GENERAL

Only a few hours to go I think.

I'm both pleased and proud to say that he passed the BOR.

The application was signed by the SE (Who was up at camp). So now once it's been approved by the National guys. He will be an Eagle Scout.

Her Who Must Be Obeyed will get to use all the Eagle Scout napkins, cups and other junk that he has been storing. Which will make her happy.

I'm going to write to Buck House see if the Queen will send anything? Going to try his Holiness The Pope as well.

Oz,

took a gander at your site-You know your Queens Scout patch is exactly the same as mine.

Eamonn

Very Proud Father, I just wish that Her Who Must Be Obeyed had been well enough to drive up with me.