Proud of the Scouts

I have been increasing the load on the "boy" leaders since my return to the Troop last year. I was in the service and away for 10 years, so alot has changed since I was last involved with Scouting. Anyways I gave the SPL a few worksheets to use in planning a year of events for the Troop. He involved all the Scouts and it worked very well, but this part made me swell with pride. One of the new Scouts, who just came up from the Pack last year, stepped up and wanted to take on planning a recruiting Fun Day. I have never seen such interest it running the show from the boys. It just goes to show what a few motivated Scouts can do, give them the chance to fly and you will be impressed.

Once the adults get out of the way, those scouts can do some pretty extraordinary things! Keep up the good work, or should I say, keep up the good staying out of the way!

Hardly a month goes by that the boys don't surprise me in some way or another. When my ADHD boy step up and said he wanted a try at doing the Popcorn drive this fall I was blown away. If he pulls off even a moderate success, it'll be fantastic! Only my autistic boy hasn't stepped up, but he still has time to find his niche.

Once your boys know that the adults won't come in an veto ideas right and left, they'll start actually leading the troop into some pretty nice areas. A scout is Trustworthy, don't just assume that, rely on it!

Stosh