*waves*

I'm a Life Scout from the Oregon Trail council in Oregon. Currently a JASM in my troop and an experienced outdoorsman and virtual BSA library, heh.

I have a very full record, having been in the BSA for over six years, two more if your count Webelos. I went on my first 50 Miler (hiking!) at the age of 12, was at the 21st World Scout Jamboree in 2007, and will be serving my council's flagship camp as staff for the second time this year right after I go to Philmont as crew leader. I've also applied to be 3rd Asst. SM for the Nat Jam next year and am optimistic on that (with good reason, by the way :p ).

I've been loitering around the forums here for a while and like the resources and discussion I see here, so I finally decided to join. I'm always interested in getting more and more knowledge of the Scouting system, cuz the more I know, the more I can pass on. :)

Welcome Rene,

Glad to have some active youth on the boards. Just understand that some of the topics discussed are more about running the "program" side. Some things that normally wouldn't be discussed in front of the youth in BSA (for good reason). However, as a seasoned scout and well on your way to Eagle, there's not much here that would surprise you too much.

Dean

Thanks, good sirs. I feel welcomed as myself already. :)

And yeah, Dean, I get what you mean about more in depth matters, but it's funny because that's one of the things I really dig in the BSA, and oftentimes I can strike up conversations with oldie SMs, DEs, and commissioners (though I tend to have them do most of the talking so I can learn, hehe). As one can tell, I love learning about the program, and that's actually one of the main reasons I am here! xD(This message has been edited by ReneScout)