ANOTHER NATIONAL IT FAIL!!!

My understanding is that finances are well in the council, but I am a lowly volunteer so it could be that.

What I was told is that all BSA employees will receive their paychecks from national from now on. And this started this month.

EDITED; kind alike how national is making councils use their website models, moving regional offices to TX, etc.(This message has been edited by Eagle92)

If National will be paying council's salaries, how is that going to play out in the individual council finances? Will councils have to reimburse National? Will National significantly raise the amount it charges each council? Will National just eat that VERY large expense, leaving the extra in the council's budgets?

Perhaps if all money and expenses were funneled thru National it might make sense. However, with the way it currently is, with each council being financially an independent entity, it just does not seem practical to me for National to take on that expense.

National is not paying the salaries of council employees.

The financial system is still original (terminal, 'green screen'). Before the upgrades in the late 90's each council ran this application on their own server (mini). As part of the upgrade this was centralized. This made a lot of sense (not having a server in each council for financials) and did not change functionality.

To print paychecks you need a thermal laser printer. If I remember correctly, there is also an option to have National (actually a vendor) print and mail the paychecks. The funds in both places are still issued by your council.

The resource was still broken for me last night 11PM PST with Win 7 and both IE8 and FF. I am mostly disappointed with their IT department, however this is due to what I see as it not being a high priority for them. There are some folks in that department that are very helpful, work hard, care about the job they do and providing good service. It seems that they are busy doing things other than what I think is important.

Yeah not too sure it is being used as a noun in the title. Seems to fit like a glove the third or fouth definition as a transitive verb in at least one dictionary, closed the link a day or so ago..... follow to a thesaurus and insert any or several synonyms and it still makes sense.

Specifics:

error page when I tried to update roster while in internet rechartering

error page when I tried to access internet advancement

Scouting community errors:

Groups no longer work much if any

errors when performing simple navigation within the site

slow page loads

login hangs then resutls in an error

Others having problems creating a login to Myscouting to take Youth Protection Training