Anyone Else getting a Virus Alert when opening Scouter.com?

Since Sunday I keep getting a virus warning every time I log into scouter.com. Some nasty trojan thing. My virus software prompts me to remove it but the virus alert returns the next time I log in. And this is only occuring at this site.

Have you:

- Purged your cache?

- Purged your history?

- Run your AV on a complete sweep of your PC?

Do you have:

- AdAware (or equivalent) installed?

- Spybot (or equivalent) installed?

(I use not one but two malware checkers; over the years I've found using just one causes misses now and then).

Have you checked your firewall settings or your HW firewall?

- www.grc.com (Gibson Research) and their ShieldsUp app is a tool I use to make sure I'm in control of the software ports on my PC.

Is your home network, if wireless, encrypted and password protected... with other than the manufacturer's defaults??

I've not experienced what you describe from scouter.com, but I have elsewhere at other times. It could be something being passed along by Scouters ad provider through the portal.

It happens at work with mountains of fire walls and at home with open wifi.

Here is the message.

Date: 6/26/2007 9:37:02 AM

Pathname: Script executed by iexplore.exe

Detected as: Exploit-YIMCAM.gen

State: Script execution blocked

I'm getting it when I come to the web site and I'm working on a huge variety of nets across the country right now...traveling. I also have multiple virus and adware stuff. It is the same trojan horse you just mentioned.

In addition, my pop-up blocker stops an add-on to outlook.exe. I sent a message to the scouter.com staff about it just now.

I too am having problems. I got the Chinese message yesterday and keep getting "Done, but with errors on page". The site is extremely slow to the point of freezing up my computer. Let's hope the management can fix this situation soon.

This is what keeps coming up on my pop up blocker.

\http : //g.ignfile.cn/flash/imags.htm

edit to not make it a link!(This message has been edited by dan)