Thanks for your concerns. I will pass them on. These boys and adult leader were in Troop 17 in Franklin, VA. It is hitting all of us hard. Though we are in a different District we are "next door" and have attended camporees with them and are in the same OA lodge with them. The Scoutmaster, who was not on the trip, is a classmate of mine from VMI. The woman who was driving ahead of the vehicle that had the accident and was leading them home is in my Woodbadge patrol. This particular weekend Troop 17 was camping with my Troop (36 in Carrollton, VA)and Troop 5 from Suffolk, VA at the annual Blackstone Boy Scout retreat which is hosted by the United Methodist Men and is attended by troops from all over Virginia and a few from out of state. Over 900 boys in attendance last weekend. We had great fun with three Troops, 80 boys and adults, cooking, eating, camping, earning merit badges and sitting around the fire together all in one huge camp site. Please pray for safe journeys for all Scouts and Scouters who are travelling all over this great country every weekend of the year.

Dan Williamson

Scoutmaster

Troop 36

Carrollton, VA

As both a Scouter and a proud former member of the finest battalion of Marines in the 'Corps I have forwarded this to the Beirut Veterans Assoc. One person there said he was a regular on their website.

"if the Army and the Navy ever look on heaven's scenes they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines"

3/8 Comm Plt.'82-'85

We came in Peace.