“Quality Unit Award – 100% Boy’s Life”

The Quality Unit Award is a good award to recognize units that are doing their best to offer a fine Scout program.

The Quality Unit Award 100% Boys Life is an award that baffles me. It just comes across as a promotional billboard for Boys Life magazine just so National can find a way to make a little more money. It looks silly on a uniform, IMO. What incentive does a Pack or Troop have to try and obtain 100% Boys Life?

At one time we took a count and found that four of our families had three brothers in our troop, and eight other families with at least two. I could never bring myself to ask these families to buy more than one subscription of Boy's Life.

Barry

From

Boy Scout Troop

National Quality Unity Award form

A subscription to Boys Life will go into the homes of all our Boy Scout members

Comment: A subscription to Boys' Life is a "benefit" of being a member of our troop. The cost is part of our troop budget. We expect the troop to be boy led, so we do what we can to get as many good scouting ideas in front of all the scouts. When they come to the PLC they will have some ideas of what other troops around the country are doing for fun scouting activities.

100% Boys' Life looks great!

That is correct that one per household fulfills the requirement. There are different inserts for the different levels, so if you have a cub and a boy scout, they may still want two issues. I've been told their is a seperate issue for webelos, but with one son I may never know as we only get one subscription per month :)

In our district we have to purchase the patches,so for many years we just ordered the quality patch without the 100% boys life even though we qualify for the 100% boys life patch. Last year, our CC asked me which to order. i said lets try the 100% boys life. I don't know if I like the mylar either, and Nobody said anything either way. I'll let the CC decide next year.