Results of Scouter Survey!

Trevorum, Thank you for doing this survey. If it isn't too much trouble can you tell us the political leanings of those 34 Eagle Scouts who responded? Also, how many of those Eagles have participated in Woodbadge?

Also noted, there were 53 respondants who were Boy Scouts and 34 of these were Eagle Scouts, or 64%.

Thanks again.

Aquila,

Eagle by politics

row percentages

politics-Eagle--not

left-----47%----53%

middle---34%----66%

right----46%----54%

total----42%----58%

Conclusion: Eagle scouts are slightly more likely to have stong political leanings, but are equally likely to lean left or right.

Eagle by Woodbadge

row percentages

Woodbadge---Eagle---not

yes---------39%-----61%

no----------43%-----57%

Total-------41%-----59%

Conclusion: There is no significant diffreence between Eagles and non-Eagles in Woodbadge participation.

I took the survey and answered Hispanic on my ethnic race so I guess I was the only one (and really I'm only 1/2). That is what disturbs me. Perhaps that is too harsh a word, maybe perplexed is a better word. I don't know. What can we do to encourage participation from other races besides caucasian in this wonderful thing called Scouting (at least in the adult roles)? I have the only black boy in our unit in my den. As far as Hispanics we have about 5 or 6 out of 30 boys. Any tricks to entice the 'other' races to join?

Carol