Behavior That Warrents Expulsion from Troop?

Beavah: "You need to go find some new committee members. Since BSA training doesn't cover this, you need to find some people who have experience with this stuff already...."

Actually, BSA does indeed have training for the recruitment of all unit level adult positions. However, many units "tweak" this and instead take the warm body approach over the BSA's method.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah, sorry fellow Beavah. My accent must have thrown ya off.

I meant that "Since BSA training doesn't cover how a leader or committee should respond to serious behavioral issues in youth, or what constitutes liability risk, or how to handle confrontation while upholding standards" you need to find people who understand those things to serve on your committee.

Beavah,

Yes, short of having a professional on site to say: "Don't do that", you're right ... people do tend to forget there are things they are expected to do as a condition of membership in Scouting.

Depending on the State, you may also be right that the Chartered Partner has a statutory obligation to report.

Finally, I see the online version has changed the wording from mandatory to "denotes BSA rules and policies."

I'm sure glad the kids get to have lots of fun :) with this grand game.