COP28: Scouts Call On Governments and Business Leaders to Move Decisively On Climate Action

1 hour ago, OaklandAndy said:

Our Pack is actually starting this at the beginning of 2024. I didn't even know about it until I was doing some research on different awards for our scouts. I doubt the councils even know much about it either. I'm hoping we can bring more awareness to it and other units will participate. 

I assume the International Spirit Award? Fantastic! We're doing it as a pack too.

Since it's so easy for me to help scouts with it, I'm helping not just my pack but another pack in town with it. I taught them not any two games but two campfire games, and it turns out that the scout promise and motto is exactly ten words in Swedish 😄

At the next campout, they will get the opportunity to cook reindeer chafing. (Vegetarian, solves both the reindeer meat supply problem this far south and everyone needs to eat problem.)

We're also going to spend more time on BP himself and the worldwide scouting movement at Blue & Gold.

If you're starting in January you already have a plan, no doubt, but I'm happy to help if I can. The other pack wanted to make it more real with a visit from someone who was a scout in a different country, and while I imagine I can't visit your pack maybe I can help make it more real for them in some other way if we put our heads together.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What is the right amount of global heat? What is the goal of this effort?  Is it to create some kind of climate stasis? What is an "acceptable amount" of climate change?  (Because, it has ch

One could argue that reducing CO2 is very much in line with leave no trace and the outdoor code. 

Earlier this year I worked through Ansestery.com to research my family linage.  I was able to find family members in the USA back in the 1600s. For the most part it was interesting and in some cases I

32 minutes ago, AwakeEnergyScouter said:

I assume the International Spirit Award? Fantastic! We're doing it as a pack too.

Since it's so easy for me to help scouts with it, I'm helping not just my pack but another pack in town with it. I taught them not any two games but two campfire games, and it turns out that the scout promise and motto is exactly ten words in Swedish 😄

At the next campout, they will get the opportunity to cook reindeer chafing. (Vegetarian, solves both the reindeer meat supply problem this far south and everyone needs to eat problem.)

We're also going to spend more time on BP himself and the worldwide scouting movement at Blue & Gold.

If you're starting in January you already have a plan, no doubt, but I'm happy to help if I can. The other pack wanted to make it more real with a visit from someone who was a scout in a different country, and while I imagine I can't visit your pack maybe I can help make it more real for them in some other way if we put our heads together.

Yes and working on the MOP program and the same time since they share the same international objectives. I appreciate you're assistance!