On 7/15/2023 at 1:13 PM, 5thGenTexan said:

Our youth leadership doesn't do that nor do the adults.  I'm looking at a way to help the Scouts who are overlooked.

It's really easy, teach the SPL & PLs to lead by consensus/try to lead by consensus. The process will force them to seek input from all stakeholders before advancing something along. 

1 minute ago, Tron said:

It's really easy, teach the SPL & PLs to lead by consensus/try to lead by consensus. The process will force them to seek input from all stakeholders before advancing something along. 

Its not that easy.  Our "youth leadership" doesnt even know what their position is, nor how to do their job.  Because we get pushback and/or indifference from the SM/ASM.   Cuz... as long as they are having "fun".  I TRY to give the SPL a task to go find Scouts to do and I get a blank stare and he walks away.

On 7/18/2023 at 12:00 PM, Tron said:

By "all stakeholders" do you mean 'unanimous' consensus, or just a majority?  We had an SPL that wouldn't move forward on a decision unless everyone in the troop agreed to it.  He really didn't want anyone to feel left out.  But in doing that, a lot of meetings for a while just devolved into another game of kickball or practicing knots for an hour.