Summer Camp observations - New Scouts and Troop sizes

1 minute ago, mrjohns2 said:

HAD. Well, Bay-Lakes has 4 council camps still, but within the area, I bet if we went back about 8 years, there would be 8+ shuttered camps. One from Bay-Lakes (Twin Lakes). Without doing research, at least 2 others have been shuttered in the area - Napawon, Shin-Go-Beek and CFL are near. 

Our Troop used to go to LeFeber which was shuttered and then CFL which was shuttered.  Bay Lakes is down to two Scouts BSA summer camps (Bear Paw and Hiawatha (which only runs 2 weeks)).  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have forgotten that Eagle is an AWARD, not a goal.  SCOUTING  is the goal. The Scout Law and Scout Promise is the goal.   Scout camp misses the point when it becomes an extension of the school

We have 18 new Scouts (12 going to summer camp this Sunday - been good knowing all of you) and I'm not sure we're done. That's double what we usually had in a good year pre-COVID. I know we're an outl

My thoughts: Summer camp needs to focus on fun and hard to do MBs: shooting sports, climbing, aquatics, etc. I always recommend Scouts taking needed MBs, do some fun MBs, and having a free period