I just hope the brim is as wide as the old BSA Expedition Hat  I do like that is is oiled cloth, versus the old felt one.  That felt hat is hot in the summer, and the dye would bleed out when it got wet or sweaty.  Maybe the new one will be a bit cooler as well.

Brimmed Hat - THIS ITEM HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED - BSA CAC ...

BSA Outback Hat XL

25 minutes ago, Double Eagle said:

… How about we reuse neckerchiefs like this: [insert slightly moist Rambo]

You’d pay twice as much in oil to keep the water beading off your hide.

LOL.   This is a hot topic for me. 

I am always looking for a good hat.  Packs well.  Shape recovers easily.  Shades the ears.  Good air flow.   Can get soaked.  Can be washed.

I like a hat like this.

Hat, Furniture, Cap, Sun hat, Fedora, Costume hat, Chair, Headgear, Shelf, Font

Edited by fred8033

Hat... Hat.......

The grand mother and grandson are walking along the beach, enjoying the sun and surf. The child is running thru the sandy water. Suddenly , a bigger than average wave comes in, sweeps the boy off his feet and out to sea! The grandmother is also knocked off her feet. When she regains her feet, she realizes what has happened.  She is terrified !  She looks up at the sky, raises her hands in supplication!  She calls out "Please God ! He is so young ! Bring him back to me !  I beg you, return  my grandson to me ! "  Just as she covers her eyes in sadness, another wave rolls over the beach, throwing the young boy, sputtering , at the woman's feet.  She quickly picks him up, hugs him tightly, kisses him up and down, looks up to the sky, and says...."He had a hat !"

• Haha 1