If you were not such a good Boy Scout ?

Maybe I'm too good a Boy Scout ...

I am also a 4H leader in two clubs (horses and shooting education) and volunteer at a theraputic horse riding facility. I did not go up for re-election in my local horse show assoc. board of directors because of the time factor.

Oops, I forgot, just getting started in Venture Crew....(This message has been edited by Eagle1973)

For the past 3 1/2 years I've also served as my church's children's minister. With my kids moving into the teen years, and the time requirements of my job, family and scouts, I stepped down a few months ago. I'd love to get involved with the teen ministry, if I had the time.

Nice question Eamonn, thanks.

I honestly don't know, but since the age of 10 I have volunteered in one capacity or another, usually with kids. Our boys joined Scouts just after our daughter was born, and I had no choice but to cut way back on time spent volunteering at their school just as I became part of the unit leadership. I look forward to going back to school as a chaperone and volunteer aide in a couple of years, and our littlest wants to be a Boy Scout but will settle for Girl Scouts :) , so I'll most likely become a Girl Scout leader in time too.

Don't know for sure. I would be involved with my sons in some way. I'm involved with the HS Band parents group and the HS Theatre support group although not as visibly or at the same level as in scouts.

I might consider getting involved with a youth sailing group. There's one in the next town.

And I'd probably not spend as much time on this forum.

SA

Hey, have a good Thanksgiving all, regardless of race, creed, lack of creed, position in scouting, tweaker or non-tweaker. Have a great holiday and stay safe.

SA

I'd like to think that without scouting I'd still be trying my darndest to get my own children out on the lake sailing, camping, backpacking, shooting trap and smallbore, and wrestling. Instead of Tigers and Sea Scouts I'd help with Sunday School and wrestling.