What am I missing for scout book?

I was told kids could use the app to track their own progress and stuff. Cool downloaded it and such, it won't let them or me do anything in it though. Is it because it's a new pack, the cub master has said for the past 2 months that stuff is still being set up including the bank account, the pack started up in Aug/Sept. I know the pack number is still the same as a defunct pack, which was highly mismanaged. For example, I paid for a full year of scouting, the pack disbanded right before Xmas and money was just gone. Kid was never put in the system, and none of their stuff was recorded as being done (thankfully I kept my own records), the only thing they were left with after the 3 or four meetings that were actually conducted was some science kits that were missing parts. The new cub master told me to let them know what my kid finished and they'll get him the belt loops, but was told technically they don't award them after they've leveled up (which is fine, but this wasn't my kid's fault). My kid has also been met with some skepticism since they completed 15/21 plus bobcat, but we homeschool so can do a lot of stuff during our free time. 

I'm still keeping a physical copy 

• 3 weeks later...

At the pack level the interface is designed for leaders (specific to their authority), parents (Lion through Bear), and committee members (again specific to their authority). At the troop level the interface of scoutbook is designed for scouts and parents to key enter things as completed/ready for unit review. 

If your scout is missing in scoutbook it might mean that their registration was synced to a different account and you will have to get the pack advancement chair or scoutmaster to give you the proper ids to have council fix the problem. 

At a pack level it is very common for bad leaders to skip key entry. My unit recently had 3 scouts transfer in where the previous units failed to key enter anything into scoutbook and also failed to turn in any advancement reports to council. Our units advancement chair had to work with the parents and council to fix everything and get everything entered into scoutbook which included some leaps of faith. Every scout deserves trained leaders; I say that includes scouters learning how to use scoutbook.