Jump to content
mrkstvns

Nope. No edits for YOU!!!

Recommended Posts

scouting.org has an ancient email address for me in my account settings.

I'd love to change it, but there doesn't seem to be any way I can.

Does anyone know how to edit an email address for my.scouting???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you'll need to have access to the "Member Manager" for your unit or district, then you can drill down and edit it.  The unit key 3 and the commissioners have access.  Dont know if an individual has access to their own record or not.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jjlash said:

Looks like you'll need to have access to the "Member Manager" for your unit or district, then you can drill down and edit it.  The unit key 3 and the commissioners have access.  Dont know if an individual has access to their own record or not.  

Okay, thanks for the info.

Guess I'll just ignore it for ... like, forever.  If BSA wants to make updating my own data a royal PITA, then fine, they can keep sending messages into a black hole.

Works for me!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my.scouting.org log in->menu -> my dashboard -> my profile -> contact info click green plus.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, malraux said:

my.scouting.org log in->menu -> my dashboard -> my profile -> contact info click green plus.

Ah - that makes much more sense.  Once on your dashboard, the "my profile" is under the "my training" menu.  Thanks @malraux

Untitled.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, malraux said:

my.scouting.org log in->menu -> my dashboard -> my profile -> contact info click green plus.

That works!!

Thank you, malraux.  

I am a happy camper.  Amused too now that I see that the site has a record of old emails I used back when my son was a mere Bobcat...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mrkstvns said:

That works!!

Thank you, malraux.  

I am a happy camper.  Amused too now that I see that the site has a record of old emails I used back when my son was a mere Bobcat...

I discovered that they still have my bsa member id number from when I was a scout in the mid-90s. Don't think they'll have an email associated with it, from back then, but I wonder if the prodigy email is in there somewhere.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW:  I did try to use the "Help Manual" button before posting here.

Doesn't work for me.  It downloads a bizarrely named file with no file name extension, so Windows doesn't associate it to an application. Tried choosing an application and selecting Adobe Acrobat, which tells me the file is not a PDF, and then aborts. Wonder why BSA doesn't provide a real help application in a functional form.

Good thing their business is scouting and not software or IT!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mrkstvns said:

BTW:  I did try to use the "Help Manual" button before posting here.

It opens as a pdf in safari on mac for me. It doesn't include what you needed though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×