Need Articles of Association For New Cub Scout Bank Account

I am new to the position of Committee Chair and our pack is changing banks.  Our old account was opened using some one's SS number... At our potential new bank we will be using our Charter Org EIN number...  The bank is saying in order to open the account I need to give then a copy of our Articles of Association.  I explained to her that I don't think we have any, and that I would need to get the Charter Org to give me theirs.. She insists that it has to be from us and not the Charter Org...  

Can anyone help me??  What do I do?  

Thanks!!!

Welcome to the forum, @DJsMommy.

The charter org EIN number is the correct number to give them because legally your pack is part of the charter org. The pack has no articles of association. That's why the pack charters with the charter org. You may need to give the bank a copy of the charter that the pack had the charter org sign at the last recharter. Most likely that was last December. You'll get a new one when you recharter this December (not everyone recharters in December but most do). If nobody on your committee can find the old one then either wait till you get the next one or call the local council office, ask for your District Executive, and they should be able to help you out.

One other point, since you belong to the CO they might want to know about your bank account (they are legally responsible for what you do). Different scout units handle this differently. For my troop and CO they trust us and we just keep to ourselves. Some CO's want to have access to unit finances.

Hope all that helps!

When we changed banks with our pack, we had to have a letter from our CO, with their letterhead, stating our Pack and names of those going on the account, allowing us to use their EIN.  Hopefully something similar and your last Charter agreement would be enough.

Or try another bank, we use local credit unions for our pack and troop.