Check out the cnn.com photo gallery of the Reagan funeral ceremonies. Under the Capitol tab of the gallery is a nice photo of a Troop paying its respects.

Sorry, the title should have read "Postive PR for a change"(This message has been edited by fotoscout)

Don't wanna be a killjoy but what did Reagan do that was so great? Aren't we still paying for his" Trickle Down" economics? Didn't he trade arms for hostages then deny it? And let's not forget Star Wars! OK the Wall came down but that had nothing to do with him! He just happened to be president when it happened.

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

Jason, there are other places here in the forum to express your political opinions. Our presidential historians will have their say when the time is right, but that wont be until long after you and I are both gone.

The point here is that, for a change, a national news outlet decided to put a positive spin on scouting. CNN must have had hundreds, if not thousands, of photos to select from and they chose to use one with scouts in it.

Ed, I have stayed away from any discussion of Ronald Reagan since he passed away, because I try to follow the old custom of not "speaking ill of the dead" at least in the immediate aftermath. There is plenty of time for talk later, and history will make its judgment.

But I do feel a need to respond to this, because it is not historically accurate.

OK the Wall came down but that had nothing to do with him! He just happened to be president when it happened.

Actually he didn't happen to be president when it happened. The Berlin Wall came down in November 1989 -- during the administration of George H.W. Bush.

I was a student of political science and American History. And it is very clear to me today that most people have no clue about the real history of our country......example... separation of church and state no where in the constitution does it say anything about separation of church and state. In fact the first public schools were made to make sure the BIBLE was taught and read! http://www.wallbuilders.com read more about it.

Lets make one thing clear. You either loved Reagan or not. I loved him and what he stood for.

Ed,

With the exception of welfare, just about any system that boosts the economic power of anyone is trickle down. The government buys a plane, Lockheed-Boeing-Douglas pays the workers who go and buy a refrigerator and the refrigrerator salesman can buy a car. It all flows downhill.

As for starwars, it may not have been implemented but the benefits of that research benefit us all. Not to mention that the Soviets went bankrupt trying to keep up with us.

Ronnie did a good job.

Back to the original subject, I also saw the picture and was very impressed. If I were closer to DC, I would have liked to do the same thing with my troop. That picture would look incredible if painted by Norman Rockwell or Joe Csatari.