Membership card signed by Roy Rogers

Years ago, I visited the Roy Rogers Museum that was in Victorville, CA at one time.  In one of the display cases was Dusty Rogers' Eagle medal. and related items.  While only getting a nod, I did see Roy Rodgers there that day giving a personal tour to a family.  I was told that it was a regular part of his routine at the time.  It is too bad that the museum was moved to the Bronson and then, I believe, recently closed.  Today, you can watch old episodes of the Roy Rodgers show with Dale, the animals, the old jeep, Nellie Belle and various B or lower stories.  Not sure why it was actually popular then, as it really seems a bit lame now; yet I watched a couple of episodes on the western cable channel the other day.  Must have really been bored or nostalgic.

Edited by skeptic

IMO it was popular because it showed cowboys could still be cowboys in the present day plus it had just about everything else to draw an audience and entertain. I wanted a dog like Bullet.  Though different times, I see similarities between Roy Rogers and Fred Rogers.

I think it is great when someone famous will stop and sign an autograph on  a baseball card, scout card, etc. for a kid. On my '69 trek to Philmont, we  got tickets for a Cardinals game. And who was playing them but our home team Phillies. So there we were, uniformed (with community strips) South Jersey scouts in the right field stands cheering  our Phillies during pre-game warm-up. We yelled  their names and stats, the NJ towns we were from,,and all things Philly. We were loud but courteous and ignored except when the Phillies told us to... A Cardinal player came over and welcomed us to St. Louis and asked if we wanted his autograph. What scout would not want a Bob Gibson autograph! We became new Cardinals fans.