Anyone else notice the Webelos scout with the bow and arrow in the jeep commercial last night? It was a close up but it looked like they got the hat and shoulder loops correct.

I wonder if they filmed it at a council event haha.

• Upvote 1

If the commercial was on during the 4th quarter, I was asleep. I think I made it about 10 minutes (real minutes, not minutes on the clock) into the 3rd quarter.

ROFL. Was out hiking and enjoying the evening weather.

Commercials are available online the next day. The score was available via ESPN's feed. The highlights allow me to watch later while not wasting my life watching yet another boring game. ;)

• Downvote 1

The jeep commercial was probably the only one I paid attention to, and I did see the scout. I thought that was cool.

NJ, it must suck not having a team in the superbowl.  Oh wait, you never can have a team in the superbowl (the New Jersey Gladiators?)

All gloating aside, I was going crazy just assuming the fairytale would end before the game did. Remember, two years ago the Broncos' first play at the superbowl was a safety. Given all that misery and one win every 17 years, please pardon my happiness.

• Upvote 2

Sorry, @@Krampus, I did get a nice walk in before the game, but this was the low-scoring brawl thanks to overpowering defenses I expected it to be. Nothing warms the heart of an old WPa football fan more.

ROFL...I figured you did.

Being a Raiders fan the last 20+ years have been a disappointment. When you grow up with winning the AFC West every year and knowing you'll play the Steelers every AFC Championship game (or just about), it is hard to live in the desert after having lived in an Oasis. ;)

So, that's why the NFL is lost to me. 

• Upvote 1

The jeep commercial was probably the only one I paid attention to, and I did see the scout. I thought that was cool.

NJ, it must suck not having a team in the superbowl.  Oh wait, you never can have a team in the superbowl (the New Jersey Gladiators?)

All gloating aside, I was going crazy just assuming the fairytale would end before the game did. Remember, two years ago the Broncos' first play at the superbowl was a safety. Given all that misery and one win every 17 years, please pardon my happiness.

As a hawks fan, I was pleased with Superbowl 48.

• Upvote 1

This could get ugly. We should stick with scouts. :)

@@MattR, yeah. Maybe we should just focus on math. Speaking of which ...

...  NJ, it must suck not having a team in the superbowl.  Oh wait, you never can have a team in the superbowl (the New Jersey Gladiators?) ...

Maybe Jersey boys are freed up to take the long view ... Like this guy:

http://www.math.rutgers.edu/~sdmiller/Cryptanalysis-of-the-NFL-Schedule.html

It was for Wood Badge  bird watchers:   The SUPERB OWL.....

As for the commercials, the Jeep one was neat, if only for using a left eye dominant  Cub archer...

and as for the Cub Scout references in the Toyota....  I got it right up til he mentioned "nursed their young". 

I will always encourage folks who need to understand football  to learn from Andy Griffith's instruction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNxLxTZHKM8