Has anybody gone through the process of getting there Den Leaders Knots I have the paper work have it singed by the CC and the CM and I need one more signature and I can not find the person who so supposed to do that and then what to do with the form !!!! I emailed my DE and he told to contact somebody else  and they did not have a clue !

Has anybody gone through the process of getting there Den Leaders Knots I have the paper work have it singed by the CC and the CM and I need one more signature and I can not find the person who so supposed to do that and then what to do with the form !!!! I emailed my DE and he told to contact somebody else  and they did not have a clue !

In my district it is the district training chair who will sign. They then hand it back to you and you take it to the Scout Shop and go get your knot. I know some council shops that will have someone at their service center sign too. I hear other shops simply let you walk in and buy the knots.

If you attend RT you can probably get someone on the district committee to sign. Our DE is never there but someone will sign.

I believe the signature that you are looking for is either district or council

so

i would go back to your DE

Give him or her the application

and let them deal with it.

or, if it's easier for me

I would give it to the registrar in council's office

yeah, i know.... that can be a black hole for paperwork....

my point is though, be strong and push it off to "them".  It shouldn't be this hard to volunteer!

For what it's worth

or my one and only knot, after getting the committee chair's signature i emailed the application to our Field Service Director, who was then filling in for the vacant DE

who forwarded the email (without attachment) to the registrar.  The registrar then replied asking for the attachment, which I resent to her.  I have no idea who ended up signing the thing.... but they gave me the knot and a certificate a few months later at a round table

I could tell you what the process is supposed to be.  I cannot tell you how it actually works in your Council however.  I turn them into our DE and they process them and present at roundtable.  Perhaps we could better advise you if you told us who (position wise) your DE pointed you to? 

I believe the signature that you are looking for is either district or council

so

i would go back to your DE

Give him or her the application

and let them deal with it.

CORRECTION: give him or her a copy of the application.

• Upvote 2

I second Qwazse.

Make copies of all paperwork. Always. Make. Copies.

As a former CC, I gave a copy to our DE or took it to the Council office for processing. DE would take to Roundtable to give the award to the individual or I would pick it up and take it.

I left it up to the DE or Council to get the elusive final signature.

If I picked it up, I would then give it to the Scouts to present to their Den Leader at a Pack Meeting with a blurb on why their Den Leader was the best DL ever. The Den Leader will appreciate the presentation for the Scouts way better than from the DE at RT.

Edited by Polaris

Our DE is MIA. Too busy trying to get cherry council role to care about district ops. Our training chair is good but too overworked to handle such things. Best handled by the unit with the training chair signing, then the unit purchases and awards.