My.scouting.org Update

Logged in to myscouting to try to fix a problem for our events person who is also a Key 3 designee. They could not see certain things in myscouting that they could see only a few months ago. Same with tour plan submissions. Before I begin let me say that council has NOT made any changes to our 2016 roster yet, so this is all based on the settings in myscouting and the roster we had on record during 2015. In short, nothing has changed on our end nor in the data on the system, so any problems must be in the system itself. All of this was working back in October!!!

• All assignments that were made during 2015 were deleted. Training chair, Key 3 delegate, etc., were all wiped out.
  • Tried to go in and re-assign them for 2016. You can set a start date in 2016 but all dates past 12/31/2015 do not show up. End result is you cannot assign anyone to a role. This is a bid deal because it governs other things they cannot do.
  • Because you cannot assign anyone beyond the Key 3, only those three people have access to make changes to training, tour plans, etc.
  • Training profiles are not connected to myscouting records for a large number of people. For example, the TC chair has myscouting access, but the training records he can see in the training window are not credited to his myscouting profile for the unit. Further, he's not listed in the training profile as being part of the Key 3 so there is no mandatory training listed.
  • YPT dates are off. People who have proof their myscouting profile show they have a valid YPT certificate show up in the training tool as having an expired YPT.
  • There does not appear to be an obvious "contact" on the myscouting site to report any of these issues to.

I note this simply in case anyone else has folks reporting issues with myscouting. It's WAY off.

Not likely to give BSA my unit data if they can't keep this simply system up to date and error free!! 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would turn over the management of my unit's data to one of my teenage scouts before I would give it to BSA.

Gee, as stupidly Captain Obvious my answer was, it turned out to be correct.  But then we're dealing with the BSA here when it comes to computer technology here.

I am far far from a techie, but the other day I was helping my son with an Excel project.  I told him "Before you do anything, make a full copy of your current sheet, so that no matter what you can al